Scenes in Surfers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 19th 2006
Published: February 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys whats going on?Its Hail. So its been a couple of days since we wrote our last blog. Kayl and I have been beach bums the past couple days before we start work tomorrow. YES ....we have found a quick job for a week. We get 10 dollars an hour.. 11 hour days....cash at hand at the end of every day....so we are not obligated to work the full week. We can quit after a day ( dont worry mom this wont be happening). Today we switched hostels just to get a feel for the different areas of Surfers Paradise...we were at Surf n' Sun complete partying hostel...tons of cool people .We bunked with two girls from sweden (sophie and hannah) and a girl from Scotland with the coolest accent (super nice girl) and now we are at Backpackers in Paradise which also looks like a super chillen place... with cool people. We are in a four bed dorm until Tuesday...then we booked a 2 bed apartment for a week after that.Its hard to be in a room with SO many people ...you cant trust anyone even though everyone is So amazing here! Our apartmet is complete with bathroom , living room , kitchen etc. for only 22 bucks a night. A little sketchy... but HEY were backpacking here. Have I mentioned how hard it is to be living out of a bag? Yaaa... oh the luxuries of home in Dundas. Kayla and I keep saying how much more appreciative we are going to be when we get home. Even the cold glass of milk we have in the morning is the best thing that ever happened to us. Yesterday on the beach there was a small but scary shark scare again.... one lady noticed one swimming close to shore...everyone had to get out of the water , the sirens went off etc. then they let everyone back in the water after 10 minutes. TEN MINUTES?? how do they justify this? I for sure as heck packed my bags in as quickly as possible and headed back for the hostel where theres a pool....with no sharks. hahah Anyways , Kayla and I are planning on getting some surfing lessons ..its about 35 dollars for four hours.SO CHEAP considering our coach is Cheyne ..a four time winning surfing proffesional who is supposed to be amazing. We are pretty pumped about that.... if we dont start our job until Tuesday or Wednesday were going to try and hit the billabong outlet tomorrow and get ourselves some cool sun shirts for surfing. The sun is so strong here...being out in the water all day in just our bathin suits we'd come home looking like tomatoes and not too happy either. Today the temperature was about 33 degrees ,and smokin hot. We had to apply sunscreeen every 10 minutes , or we went into the ocean....which was about every 5 minutes ! Weve got some killer tans on ourselves though....
WE are just about to head down to the local grocery store to get some food to cook up for dinner , and the next few days...so much cheaper this way instead of paying for three meals each day.
Two nights ago Kayla and I went out with about 20-30 people from the hostel....we first went to Down Under and super cool bar , then we went to the " The Shack" a club which played awesome music....we then walked home about a 15 minute walk...we always tend to meet super funny people on this walk. We ran into a couple people from Western Australia whom happened to be halarious. This one guy Kennis was obviously joking around but called Kayla a loser.... I had a piece of palm tree in my hand and wacked him with it.... hard. It wasnt until after I pommeled him that Kayl told me he was just joking around? Best Friends sticking up for eachother. I tell ya...think you maybe had to be there. It was a good night...we danced all night long.
WE'll keep you updated on what happens in the next couple days..
love you guys to bits and pieces , miss you mates.
write HEAPS AND HEAPs of emails. xoxoo hail and kayl


Advertisement



19th February 2006

G'Day
Well girls you have certainly had an eventfull first 2 weeks , and this is only the start of what is a trip of a lifetime. We love hearing about everything (well maybe almost everything ) shark scares ect, dancing all night and walking home alone. Iam a little worried bout ya, But none the less very happy for you 2.Souns so amazing there and i cannot wait to see pics, (you have heard this before). Please be careful surfing no Injuries and NO SHARKS! Looking forward to hearing about your job and all the money your going to rake in and help supplement your adventures. Oh yah Hailey, St Lawrence College called they Really want you to come and visist their capmus and MEET the BASKETBALL team, So cool. ANYWAYS IAM BABBLING , lOVE u 2 BE SAFE AND HAPPYDAYS, HEAPS, AND HEAPS OF KISSES.
19th February 2006

hey girls!
haillsss and kaayllss... wow im so jelous. The weather here is so crappy its freezing, windy and yucky. Well dads on his fishing trip so me and mom went to sherway mall and did a little shopping trip youll like the clothes i got.. even tho youll see them in what?.. 3 months. :(, well i miss you hail.. love ya girl.. and i dont know where to get marcys email from? you;'ll need to like email shasha or something.. i tried to get ahold to tia.. but i couldnt.. so just update me about that okay.. im gtg clean my room.. love yah!!! byee!! keep safe xoxo
20th February 2006

heaps!!
i love your most recent blog heaps ladies! very very specific and definetly gives us a sense of what your every breaking moment is like. so fantastic to feel so in touch with your day to day lives- i love it and really admire how much you're keeping in touch with everyone! dancing all night long eh? i bet i could keep up with my banff background...haha cant wait to get to C.R. it is SO soon guys@ 4am this thurs morning...GAWK! orientation was today, met up with all the cool canadians... i think its going to be a wicked cool group, dynamics are already super lax. geeeez i miss you , i keep reading lines over again, it just all sounds too fun. meh never toooooo fun! love you both so much, xox hils ! ps check my blog soon!
22nd February 2006

Live it up!!!!!!!!
Hello, How are my two best girls! I just talked to Hailey on the phone and it made me green with envy! I am so excited for you two! Can you believe i figured out this blog thing? I am going to track your adventure. I miss you to I can feel you are even farther away then Ontario! Enjoy the beaches sun and hot aussie men! I LOVE YOU
22nd February 2006

HEY GIRLS!
The weirdest thing happened today! James was reading his friend Kayla's (different kayla) blog - and saw yours! You guys sound like your having an AMAZING time! Dont you just love australia....sooooo much!? Keep partying - i am waiting for you to come back here so we can party in the city! Loved reading all your entries......glad your having a blast! Love Belle xoxoxoxox

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb