Almost Ready


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
October 9th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The workersThe workersThe workers

Barb and ym
Oct 8
Well what a month! Kym and I have been finalising our trip preparation as departure day gets tantalisingly close.
The month started with me finishing up at work, and Kym scaling out of her work obligations too, which left us to concentrate in packing our house down into what to take/what to store/what to sell. We were lucky to have Kym’s mum Barb stay with us for this last month and she was a great help with the garage sale, cleaning up the house and the occasional motivational prod! Thanks Barb!
We held the garage sale over a weekend which had us all wondering why we spent all week cleaning and pricing and setting up just to get rid of a bunch of accumulated junk, but we managed to make $700 smackeroos for our effort. It was funny to seeing all the ‘pro’ buyers lining up for opening time 6:30 sat morning (even though we stipulated 8am start in the ad..haha) - some of them even knew each other! Probably 60% of all we sold went in the first 2 hours of Sat morning. If we did it again we would do 2 x Saturdays instead of a Sat/Sun.
See anything you want?See anything you want?See anything you want?

Barb and Kyms effort laying out the garage sale

Once the garage sale was over we could concentrate on gearing up to go. Everything we own is now either in a 5x3m storage shed or is with us on the road. This was a task that turned out larger than we expected and we were thankful we allowed a full month to complete it.
Departure date was set to be Oct 6 to coincide with the end of the Qld school holidays, and while we “hit the road” on the 4th we only travelled 30km to our friend Clarissa’s property in the hills at Tamborine. There were still a few loose ends to tidy up so it was great to have a dog friendly base close to storage to take care of final preparations. Thanks Clarissa!
We will have a few small celebratory drinks tonight, and tomorrow should see us ready to depart early Friday morning headed for Inskip Peninsular. This is a fantastic camping area about 3 hours north of Brisbane just below the southern tip of Fraser Island. It has a calm river system on one side of the sand spit and open ocean on the other. We intend to unwind for a few days there and then slip into touring mode and head north to visit friends in far north Qld.
Below are some photos, enjoy =)



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Thirsty workThirsty work
Thirsty work

We were sleeping in the camper for a week before we vacated our house
Out of there!Out of there!
Out of there!

This is our rig on first pack, leaving our house in Southport for the last time.
First NightFirst Night
First Night

We are now officially of no fixed address!


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb