Welcome to Surfer's Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
November 27th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woooowooo...
We made it, we have begun our week of exploration and partyation. Haha. It took us a bus ride from monovale to manly, a ferry from manly to the city and a train from the harbour to the ariport...oh, and let's not forget the flight from sydney to the gold coast; but we are finally here!
We checked into our YHA Hostel last night and decided to immediately review the night scene we have heard oh-so-much about. I must say, it is definitely schoolies. The streets are cluttered with thousands of 18-25 year olds and the clubs are blasting the tunes all night long. Getting lost is half the fun and pretty much the only way to find where you're going. The night was very wild and we were praying for sleep by the time it was done. Adrian shotgunned the top bunk so chris and I were happily stuck with sharing the bottom bunk. We slept moderately but woke with bright eyes to our day of discovery.
First, Chris and I spent half the morning booking our flights up the Whitsunday coast for next week. Word of advice to future young travelers: everyone bring a credit card, without it,
Chris and Adrian at the Kebab ShopChris and Adrian at the Kebab ShopChris and Adrian at the Kebab Shop

Kebabs are australian shwarmas
it's impossible to book flights and hostels online. We had to reach deep into our pockets for extra help on the booking, (thanks mom & dad).
Anyway, after the long and quite irritating time we spent trying to figure out how to use a calling card, we took off into surfer's to remap the city we so blodly wandered the night before. We walked for a good while until we met up with some schoolie friends of Adrian's. We took a dip in their hotel pool and sun baked till we felt good and tanned. Afterwards we decided to look into some of the exciting things to do in Surfer's and were so close to buying a session at a shooting range, though we decided it just wasn't worth the money....45mm magnums are sick! haha.
With only an hour and a half to spare till the shuttle bus came to pick us up, we decided to hit the famous beach. The white sand felt like small cushions on the soles of our feet as we walked towards the water. The surf is huge and Adrian and I had a great time body surfing them while Chris explored his inner photographer.
Hard Rock CafeHard Rock CafeHard Rock Cafe

Surfer's Paradise
The day was fun and we have a big night ahead of us. It's good to be eighteen in Australia...don't worry mom, dad, we'll be fine.
Love from Queensland.
Evan & Chris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

AdrianAdrian
Adrian

chillin out on the biggest beach weve ever seen
Us and the gun manUs and the gun man
Us and the gun man

trying to get him to lower the prices to let us shoot an elephant gun.
chris on the buschris on the bus
chris on the bus

the shuttle bus was so packed, we had to sit on the floor.
our paradise hostelour paradise hostel
our paradise hostel

on the water.
the hostelthe hostel
the hostel

balcony. at night, its crowded with packers drinking and chillin out.


28th November 2007

Bored yet?
Sounds beautiful. You'll need three weeks at home to rest up! How's your Tan? Homesick yet? Love this blog. Great pictures. Many hockey guys checking in. Everyone is saving to go down under.

Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb