Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
March 11th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its only a short ride to Surfers from Byron, about one and a half hours and then we checked into The Islander Resort which had a spa and sauna which was a bonus.

Lovely beach but full or sky rise hotels which is not the most attractive sight, not overly much to do there really but had a good time nevertheless.

We went to a theme park called "Wet & Wild" where I went on a slide that had a drop of 30 foot!!!! I nearly chickened out when the attendant decided to warn us that you could be paralized for life if you don't lay correctly and that if you don't keep your arms behind your head and you ankles crossed you could get severe burns, she annoucned this just before it was my turn - great! You literally just fall down not even touching the slide until thankfully quite quickly you hit the bottom, god did I scream!

It was Lisa's birthday whilst we were there - Happy Birthday Lisa! We went for a nice Thai curry in the evening, but we weren't happy at paying about four times as much as you would in Thailand!
Did you spot it?Did you spot it?Did you spot it?

Yes the good old faithful Maccie D's!!!!


It was also Claires birthday but that was the day we were leaving to go to Melbourne but we managed to cram in a breakfast at an all you can eat place for 9 dollars so that was good - sorry we missed it Claire but Happy Birthday!

So Melbourne here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb