Day two Queensland- Beaches, bling, and birdhouses


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Mt Tamborine
July 8th 2012
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post


After a day of being a lone ranger, this day was one to spend relaxing with my hosts.

Mount Tambourine farmers markets After another leisurely breakfast we headed out to the Mount Tambourine farmers Market. The Mount Tambourine markets run on the second Sunday of every month from 8am- 2pm at the showgrounds. With a kaleidoscope of craft stalls, produce, and local wares, the markets are pretty popular. German sausages seem pretty popular too- it was a far reach to find anything else substantial to eat for lunch there!

The stall we probably spent the longest at was the Mudgeeraba Spices stall. Here you could buy large jars of spice mix for 'authentic' Indian dishes in a hurry. They also do cooking classes for traditional Indian food of varying sorts at their store in Mudgeeraba. See www.mudgeerabaspices.com.au

On the way back from the markets we grazed our way down the main street of Eagle Heights. I should have saved the word kaleidoscope for here. Hippy craft shops sharing spaces with classy wineries, confectionary stores, clothes shops, a polish restaurants and a Scottish guest house nearby- go figure! What a wonderful mish mash of everything that is novel, delicious, and great for a browse.

Taking the long way home we cruised from Eagle Heights through Surfers Paradise. If you can't be bothered actually devoting any time to this Vegas-on-the-beach, perhaps a late afternoon drive through Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach will suit you better. The stark white high rises of Surfers stand in defiance of nature during the day. However around 5.30pm they are finally subdued, as the dusk shades them with a soft pink glow.

Just don't look at the neon signs down any of the roads coming off the highway, and you will be spellbound.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb