Fraser Island..............


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
June 5th 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys...............so alot has happened these last few weeks so sorry for the lack of contact......................................I've been racing up the East coast of Australia......... I wont tell you everything as too much really and would hate to bore you all.......... at the mo i'm at the airport too and internet is expensive- I've just missed 2 of my flights and have to wait 5hrs for the next so I have to pass the time some how- however expensive it might turn out to be!!!!!!

After making the difficult decision to leave Brisbane and travel up the coast with the boys and Louisa (Vix's cousin) leaving Vix behind working we travelled up to Noosa, which is a beautiful little place but I was quite ill and ended up being in bed for the majority of the time we spent there, trying to make sure I was well for the Fraser Island trip we had booked...................

Monday 5th June- 7th June 2006- FRASER ISLAND

Mon 5th June

We decided to book a tour to Fraser Island not do the self drive as often you get stuck spending most of your time trying to drive yourself outta the sand than actually seeing the island! So let me explain first to you guys that Fraser Isand is the biggest sand island in the world! So obviously there are no roads and you are not allowed onto the island without a 4 wheel drive. So the beach is the highway- quite mad................we drove along the beach to a ship wreck that had been lying there for over 70yrs. Then we headed off to a place called Indian Head (named after Christopher Columbo(???) found the island and saw the "indians" on the mainland- actually turned out to be aboriginals!) Took some cheesy pics up there- were told we might see some whales from up there but that didnt happen- just our luck! After that we walked through a little fresh water creek which I really enjoyed and followed that with a game of French cricket- bonding time with the rest of the group! We were staying in a "Rustic Australian Beach House" which was ok although I thought it was some posh appartments I'd seen when on the way. We played drinking games that evening then headed to the pub- the only pub on the island- it wasnt that exciting.

Tues 6th June

We went to the sand dunes today and me the wimp didnt do it- just didnt fancy it really!
We later spent lunch at Lake Birrabeen and sunbathed for a while which was very relaxing and a beautiful place to be! Bit chilly though at times!
In the afternoon we went for a walk in a rainforrest and learnt a bit about different Gum trees. On the way back in the van me and Darren cracked our head on the roof as the track was that bumpy! I was parolysed for bout 2 mins and still got a sore chest now!!!!!
Had our dinner then headed back to the pub for Karoke! It was alot busier this time! A coach of about 60 American girls turned up which made Pauls day- they gave him a private dance on the pool table- dirty girls!!!!! Don't think Paul was complaining though!!

Wed 7th June

We were up early and went to Lake Wabby which wasnt as nice as yesterdays but very different- it was cold out which didnt help. We had luch then headed back off the island.

The trip was ok but I felt it was slightly overrated, I cant help thing the self drive would have been more fun just as you would meet more people and you were fending for yourself- No toilet though (had to dig a hole!) and I probably would have been scared of Dingos- but we didnt see one which is quite bizarre the tour guide said!!!! Our tour guide also kept scabbing beer off us!!!!!! Gypsy!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb