Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
October 15th 2011
Published: October 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 31, 12/10/11
Today marks 1 month in Australia and already it feels like forever. We met outside reception at 9am ready for Fraser Island, we checked all our food was correct and everyone had the same and of we went. We was in the front car which had inward facing seats and weren't the best of the 4 vehicles but we made the most of it. Caught the ferry over to Fraser Island which took no more than 10mins and started our trip. We went for a swim in Lake Wabby which is off of a sand-blow which was lovely and then back to a small field inland where was set up camp. Had dinner - chicken noodles - and the evening was kind of boring as nothing was organized.

Day 32, 13/10/11
Up early this morning and jumped into cars - the rain had hit us today which was annoying but we still made the most of our day, it was still warm but the rain was there. We went to Eli Creek - a bit like a lazy river in a water park, but natural, Champagne Falls and Indian Head where we saw a fair few Dolphins, Whales, Turtles and one Shark.
The rain finally cleared and on our way back to camp we saw the shipwreck of the SS Maheno. SpagBol for dinner and another boring evening as nothing was organized - the trip was good, but the evenings were very boring.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb