Fraser Island Adventure Continues...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
May 5th 2010
Published: May 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

trailtrailtrail

more tracks
Day 27
Hungover… but not to bad I am up and moving at 8am still after shutting down at around 1:30am that last night, but do I ever look in rough shape, and what better way to cure a hangover then a nice 4 hour walk in a sandblow with direct sun and no shade… Now this is something everyone should have to do, and I don’t mean walk it hungover, but check out some big sand dunes and go running down them. Omg… so much fun was had. We found an odd spider with 2 yellow stripes even, by the end of the walk I was feeling a bit better but not much, Sean and James were starting to burn. About 3 hours alter Sean had a healthy red glow to him if you can call it that. The night was easy going with a small fire and another great meal prepared by Jackie.


Day 28
Our last full day on Fraser Island, and we want to swim, Lake Macenzie is closed to the public… or is it.. well closed for us private 4 wheelers but if your commercial and have money to burn they will
climb32climb32climb32

Lets go!!!
bus you in… I am no happy about that, but hey, cant win them all. So it’s a nice 20km stretch of 4 wheeling with a few technical areas for once.. I was doubting the map saying you needed a 4x4…. I figured a minivan would of sufficed. Then it was off the lake Birrabean, a stunning lake with whitesand beachs and crystal clear waters, We must of spent a good hour in the water swimming around, Fresh water sure was nice, and you could see so far with your eyes open underwater. A lot of fun for sure. Then we had a nice soup lunch just up from the beach. I have 3 back seat drivers telling me to pick up the pace because all the rental trucks are passing me… funny how hard you will drive someone elses car when you don’t have to pay for repairs… The day is capped off with a big fire and some german and English backpackers who we sit and have a beer with. An excellent way to finish the night.


Day 29
We are up early and moving off the island by 9am and reach the ferry around
dunes2dunes2dunes2

Jump for the stars
10am with about 380km's on the truck and right as we pull on the ferry the low fuel light blinks at me… good timing for sure as its only 20km to the next gas station. After a lonely ride on the ferry we arrive back on terra firma… well more like paved roads and not sand. We push for about 1.5 hours and stay at a free campsite called Appletree creek. It was a nice area with free bbq's and even lights!!! ZOMG another good sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

climbclimb
climb

Long way up
hungoverhungover
hungover

Sean and Matt
dunesdunes
dunes

huge dune
awsomeawsome
awsome

I guess she is...
gaygay
gay

I will have to discuss this with Jackie...
seanposeseanpose
seanpose

Sean pointing at absolutely nothing...
dunes4dunes4
dunes4

Everyone having fun
lakelake
lake

The lake... so nice and warm and clear water
fuelfuel
fuel

Would you pay itÉÉÉ
lizardlizard
lizard

monator lizards all over the camp site about 4 feet long
sunsetsunset
sunset

Stunning sunset to finish the trip
leavingleaving
leaving

Posing hard again
day5day5
day5

Go Pajero!!!
alonealone
alone

Alone on the ferry


16th May 2010

Advanture Travel
Hey .I am fascinated after seeing this page about going there. Thanks for information .
23rd May 2010
awsome

Yes she is

Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb