Wonga Beach QLD


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
August 26th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Wonga Beach!
It was Lloyd’s birthday 3 days ago and we got him 2 movies, lots of books, a sport fishing trip which he is going on today and a BIG packet of maltesers. While Lloyd and dad are off on the fishing trip, at the caravan park we are staying at, there is a BIG slide which is really steep that leads to one of the pool. There is also another pool which has a little waterfall that you can sit in and we’re, (me, Molly and mum) are going to swim in for the afternoon. A week ago, at the other caravan park, I made a friend who was German. Dad caught a fish and we ate it for dinner. I caught a fish too but when I was reeling it in, it dropped off and stole all my bait. At the other caravan park, there was a splash water playground which was like the one at Townsville. There was the world’s biggest jumping pillow, (which didn’t look very big). There was a Sun Lagoon and underwater in the middle of the pool, there was a sun made out tiles.
See ya! From Lucy

Since Lloyd's birthday we took the Bloomfield Track up to Cooktown. Because its the dry season, the rivers crossings are very easy but would be different in the wet. Cooktown is fantastic and pretty laid back. Most people are on their way back from doing the Cape trip so are packed up and covered in red dust from the trek. They either unpack and clean up at Cooktown or keep driving and do the same at Wonga Beach or Port Douglas. The weather has been around 28-30 degrees each day and from the sounds of it, the weather down south is nothing to write about. Ange rang Aad this morning and he said that Bonnie Doon has water under the bridge and so does Eppalock. Bloody dreamin'. Tomorrow we'll head off to Undara caves then onto Cobbold Gorge and Lawn Hill. We were supposed to try out the Oodnadatta Track but heard that Birdsville is flooded and so are many of the tracks south. The locals get very annoyed if you drive on their tracks and rut them up before they dry and the graders can flatten them out. So maybe our plans might keep us higher until we have to head back. Anyway,enjoy the sun, Happy Birthday Phil, happy Europe Jim and Bern and Gary and Jen, put on the footy boots - we need at least 2 players for the finals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cape Tribulation beachCape Tribulation beach
Cape Tribulation beach

Funny to watch the European tourists swim - funnier to watch the Australians watching the crocs who are watching the Europeans.
Wajul Wajul fallsWajul Wajul falls
Wajul Wajul falls

Just outside the aboriginal community on the Bloomfield track.
The Lion's Den HotelThe Lion's Den Hotel
The Lion's Den Hotel

An Australian icon - a North Londoner serves you drinks, a girl from Surrey takes your food orders and a girl from Scotland does the booking for the caravan park. We have no chance to win the Ashes.
Old Commercial BankOld Commercial Bank
Old Commercial Bank

Cooktown's main street
Creek crossing on the Bloomfield TrackCreek crossing on the Bloomfield Track
Creek crossing on the Bloomfield Track

Just after the wet, this creek is normally up to the top of the wheel arches.


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb