The Rain Forest and Tropical Cyclone Nathan


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Happy BirthdayHappy BirthdayHappy Birthday

Chilling out for the day next to the pool, Australian champagne on tap.
On Wednesday we had a fantastic day travelling up the coast into the Daintree rain forest. We had a boat trip up the river and saw crocodiles, walks in the forest spoting massive spiders and lizards, walks along the beach at Cape Tribulation where rain forest meets barrier reef and a swim in cool water at Mossman Gorge. And local grown tea, local caught fish and local made ice cream made from local grown exotic fruit. Definitely a must do experience.

On Thursday we checked with reception on the state of the cyclone threat. It appeared that the worst would miss us but we could expect heavy rain. We took a long walk along four mile beach and marvelled at all the coconuts lying there waiting to be eaten. We completed the walk around Port Douglas and retired to our apartment to sit around the pool for the rest of the day. We scampered inside at about 5pm when it started to rain . By 9pm the rain was torrential, and when it did stop there was no noise from the bats and crickets. Where do they hide?

We slept all night and in the morning there was no
an appropriate shirazan appropriate shirazan appropriate shiraz

Will be sampled with the steak tonight. Cheers!
sign of damage. The local website told us that the cyclone had hit land much further north than predicted. In one way we were glad, but in another disappointed that we had missed the excitment.

Today is Dave's birthday so a chill out day by the pool. Steak on the barbeque this evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb