Kirra Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
February 10th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having left the mountains we headed back to the coast...This is where our Australia beach trip begins as we plan to make our way slowly down the coast to Sydney. Our first stop was at Kirra beach in Coolangatta - south of surfers paradise. We decided to give surfers a miss as its described as 'aggressively superficial' and somewhere to avoid if you looking for peace and quiet.

While in the area we did take in Snappers rock and Danger point, enjoying a walk at each (but no sunbathing as the weather's taken a turn for the worse!). I enjoyed watching the surfers and was in awe of what some of them can do - having dipped my toe in the water however i decided i wasn't up for trying to join them (it was bloody freezing!). Of course, the other reason was that I didnt want to show anyone up with my natural tallent (yeah right - I'd be on my way home in an air ambulance - the surf was really up!).

The coastline is stunning and I can definately see Australia's appeal in relation to the beach life it offers - the long golden sand beaches
Snapper rocksSnapper rocksSnapper rocks

It's raining - again!!
and an aqua blue sea mean that you'd really want to be as close to the beach as possible. I guess that's why 85% of the 20 million population live within 20km of the coast.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb