Day 3 Cobar to Charlerville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Charleville
June 12th 2013
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wet, wet, wet, best describes what greeted us this morning when we rose, but pleased we survived the night with no damage to both car & camper, and very pleased we made the decision to take up option 2 yesterday. We would be in that White Cliffs pub for days otherwise!

Driving and more driving today because its just to wet for anything, and we would hopefully now make it to Longreach a day earlier and finally get to crack that bottle of bubbles and celebrate the safe arrival of Isla Anne who came into our lives early on Saturday morning with Jane & Tim.

A random breath test at 2:00pm just out of Cunnumulla would have to be the highlight of the day, doing lots of miles in a day is not at all exciting, but at least we are out in this great country of ours living the dream.

Received a text from Jane this arvo "Ilfracombe C.P, hot springs open at 3:30, happy hour at 5:30, would you like us to book you a site" sorry Jane, but I would have thought that was a no brainer, so looking forward to arriving there tomorrow arvo.

Found a new campground set up on highway just out of Charllerville, Red Lizard Camground, highly recommend this little gem.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb