Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Carnarvon Gorge
September 1st 2015
Published: September 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Well it is time for the latest update as we have covered a bit of ground since the last one.

From Barcaldine we headed over the Great Dividing Range to Emerald for a few days via Sapphire and Rubyvale which are interesting little mining towns. All very small operations where anyone can come in, buy a 1 month licence and fossick for Sapphires etc. The hills are covered in little mining plots with caravans set up to live in etc.

Emerald was a great spot to just relax for a few days and there was a great Golf Club right behind the van park so I got the opportunity to have a couple of rounds. Excellent!!!

From Emerald it was on to Rolleston for a day before heading into Carnarvon Gorge for 4 days. The gorge here is just spectacular and we did the "big" gorge walk to the end. Roughly 27 kilometres and 28 creek crossings and 6 side gorges all in one day. I must say the feet were a bit sore afterwards. I must also say every gorge was very individual and totally different to the other and very spectacular.

The following day we did the Bluff walk of roughly 6.5 km's but included over "900" steps to the top of the bluff. The timing of this walk was also excellent as it started pouring rain that afternoon and night and the creeks all came up over the road crossings, so we headed for Roma and then Toowoomba for a week or so just to clean all the dust and dirt out of the car and caravan. We also did a lot of maintenance on the van like rotating the tyres and greased, oiled, washed and polished everything etc.

We are also taking the opportunity while in Toowoomba to catch up with old friends before moving on again to get away from the cold here.

Hope you like the photo's of the gorge etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 105; dbt: 0.2375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb