Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Old Bar
September 28th 2015
Published: September 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

I just realised it has been nearly 4 weeks since the last update and thought it time for some more adventures.

From Toowoomba we headed for the Gold Coast and Pottsville to catch up with John & Jill of whom we have caught up with a few times in our travels and enjoy getting together with. As usual it was great to have a catch up and enjoy the local area including Coolangatta, Kingscliff, Hastings Point and of course the Pottsville Sunday markets etc.

From there it was on to my home town of Mullumbimby for a week to catch up with Joy and Darren and the majority of their extended family, plus a bit of renovating thrown in for good measure. It is always a pleasure to spend a bit of time here.

Then it was on to Alstonville for a few days to catch up with my brother Ray and Christine and my other sister Isabelle and Greg. Again it is always great to catch up and talk old times and see what they have been up to more recently.

It was then on to Nambucca Heads and the White Albatross C/P for another couple of days and a side detour to South West Rocks, the old Gaol and Smokey Cape Lighthouse before heading to Old Bar (on the coast from Taree) and having a great catching up with Shirley Turner-Mann (Lynn Moore's mum) as well as braving the extremely windy and wet weather to check out some of the local sights like Ellenborough Falls with the walks to the bottom (678 steps each way) and around to the Knoll for a view across the valley. A beautiful spot, plus the bonus drive up through the rain forest to get there.

Hope you like the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Blue bottles washed up after the stormBlue bottles washed up after the storm
Blue bottles washed up after the storm

Literally millions of them.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb