Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape York
July 20th 2015
Published: July 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Well, another couple of event filled weeks have passed and we thought it time for an update.

We have now ticked another item off the bucket list as we have now travelled via the Peninsula Development Road and the Old Telegraph Track all the way up Cape York to the Northern Most "tip" of Australia plus Thursday and Horn Islands.

As part of the trip we visited and stayed at places like Cape Tribulation, Cooktown, Laura, Lakefield National Park, Musgrave Station, Coen, Archer River, Lockhart River, Portland Roads, Iron Range National Park, Morton Telegraph Station, Chilli Beach, Weipa, Twin Falls, Elliot Falls, Fruit Bat Falls, Bamaga, Seisia and of course the very top of Australia.

All in all it was an excellent trip up including all the side trips and after spending a couple of days at the tip we caught the Barge/Ferry back to Cairns which was an excellent way to finish off the "holiday".

It never ceases to amaze us the diversity and rugged beauty of our wonderful country and what it must of taken our early pioneers to open up and settle in such a hostile environment.

I hope you like the photos and we are sorry for how many there are, but it was very hard to cull out any more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb