Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
April 20th 2010
Published: April 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So today I went on a free trip to Cape Tribulation. I got picked up at 8.45am by Peter from Cape tribulation Connections and driven north through Mossman to Mossman Gorge. It was a bit cold to swim, but I'll get back there to swim sometime as its only 20 minutes up the road from Port. After Mossman we continued north and went to Daintree Mango Animal Sanctuary, and saw some crocs, snakes, and birds. From there we waited at the Daintree river and caught the cable ferry across, then continued up the road to the Alexandra lookout point. From there, we did a quick rainforest walk on the Marrdja Boardwalk, then were dropped off at Cape Tribulation beach for a picnic lunch. After that, we headed back south again and stopped to do a croc spotting tour on the Daintree river. We saw quite a few baby crocs, and one massive 5 metre dude called Albert. After that, back on the bus and away to the natural fruit icecream place, where we got 5 different flavours of icecream to try - all made out of strange exotic fruits. And then home again. It was a fab day - but my camera ran out of battery so I don't have too many photos unfortunately.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Famous signFamous sign
Famous sign

Someone vandalised this sign years ago so show what happens when you hit a cassowary. It was originally just a speed bump sign at the top and a cassowary sign at the bottom. Its a bit iconic up here now.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb