So that's why it's called the RAIN forest!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
March 21st 2006
Published: March 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 128 & 129



We were picked up at 7.50 outside our hostel for a trip to Cape Tribulation. We were happy to be going as it was a bit hit and miss because of the cyclone. We stopped for some breakfast and then went on a boat trip up the Daintree River, crocodile spotting. We were really lucky and saw about 10, include a mummy and her 4 little babies and the big bad croc of the River, Gummy who has no teeth! Like old humans, crocs lose their teeth too! We then did a guided eco walk through some rainforest looking at trees and stuff. We arrived at our accommodation about 1, which was like a haunted house with all the MASSIVE spiders and alien looking bugs lurking in every corner. We had lunch then went for a walk to a lookout point on Cape Tribulation. It was really pretty and the sun decided to come out to play which was very nice of it. Had a swim in the pool, a bite to eat and then sat around chatting/playing pool with our room mates, then the rain began!

The next morning, the rain was still going. And going, and going! Lots and lots of rain. We were told we may be stuck there as the creeks had flooded and the bus couldn't get through. Luckily our champion bus driver braved the creeks and rescued us from certain boredom. We stopped briefly at Alexandra lookout and then drove to Mossman Gorge. The rain had subsided by this point and we went for a little walk by the gorge. It was pretty and made all the more spectacular from the extra water flowing through it. Our next stop was Port Douglas where we stopped for half an hour. Had a look around then jumped back on the bus to Cairns. Checked into our hostel and had a FREE meal in a bar.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb