Cape Trib- Brissie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
October 12th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oct 2nd

Had a great day snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef- it was quite rough so was very glad I had taken a sea-sickness tablet. About half the people on the boat were sick! It was a small boat with only 18 passengers. It was cloudy but the snorkelling was still amazing we saw loads of fish and a turtle- I also saw a stingray.I was really panicking about not being able to snorkel but as soon as I put my face in the water I could do it and I snorkelled for an hour straight. We were exhausted that evening- it was quite strenuous in a choppy sea.

Oct 3rd-7th
We caught the shuttle up to Cape Tribulation- arrived 10.30. We checked in to the rainforest hideaway which is a small b and b built right in the rainforest, as the name suggests! Luckily we didn't see any horrrific insects at all! The beaches are fab but there are crocs about and we weren't sure where was safe to swim. It rained quite abit while we were there and we discovered that nothing dries in a rainforest- even the bedding was damp from the moisture in the air.We did a walk along the beach and visited a bat house. Also went out to eat with another English couple one night and a strange scottish woman another night! The first night we went out we didn't take a torch and it was lucky we had a mobile as we couldn't see the path back to the b and b! What larks! I went horseriding one morning which was good - run by some classic Crocodile Dundee -type Aussies! Mike went sea- kayaking which he really enjoyed - perfect weather and flat sea.
Caught the bus to Cairns and stayed in the same hostel as before- did some much needed washing!

Oct 8th - 12th
Caught the plane to Brisbane and were picked up by Michael Cranny whose brother lives in Brisbane and who was visiting along with their parents. We had lunch and then were driven back to the Sean Cranny's house where we had a Barbie! The next day we just walked about Brisbane and went in the Botanic gardens. On friday we went out to Sean's house and had lots of cups of tea! On saturday our friend from London , Andy arrived from Hervey Bay at midday so we had lunch and then helped him find somewhere to stay. Went out in the evening for a few drinks in 'the valley' which is near where we are staying.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb