Secrets on the Lake


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Caloundra
January 4th 2009
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Maleny Real EstateMaleny Real EstateMaleny Real Estate

This house has many windows and is built on the side of a mountain using stilts.
DAY 58

Up nice and early as usual, not quite watching the sun rise, but certainly giving me the quiet time I love.

I managed to recall and type out most of the blog for yesterday, then ask mission control to edit it for me. Though she does not have any control over artistic licence (Note from Mrs T: that's what he thinks!).

We got out just after 10.00 am and headed off in the truck as we wanted to go and see Montville, a place up in the mountains. It was a fantastic drive up through, Mooloolah, Eudlow, Palmsprings, then on to Montville, finishing off in Melany.

On route we stopped at Baroon Pocket Dam for a while, It was the usual Australian Sunday setting, people cooking at the BBQ’s that are provided, kids swimming, whilst dad’s are Canoeing, and mums sitting on the blankets enjoying the piece and tranquility of it all.
.
There was a small resort, called Secrets on the lake, which look interesting.

Secrets treehouses, nestled on the shores of peaceful Lake Baroon in Queensland's Sunshine Coast hinterland, offers you the very best in intimate accommodation at Montville. Winner of the
Glass House ViewsGlass House ViewsGlass House Views

The glass house in the previous picture has views like this over the Glasshouse Mountains
2008 Montville Chamber of Commerce Best Accommodation Award. This premier Queensland romantic getaway, just north of Brisbane, features hand-carved, elevated wooden walkways that lead you through the rainforest treetops to 10 individually themed treehouses offering total privacy, superb attention to detail and a completely unique world-class experience. Each Montville treehouse retreat features carved cedar furniture, luxury double showers, kitchen facilities, special home baked treats, toasty log fires, stained glass windows, blown glass lamps and pottery work, sunken double spas, reverse cycle A/C, TV, DVD, CD, and your own private balcony with BBQ.

We were trying to plan the next stage of the journey and took Caroline’s various maps and books out of the truck, and started to look at our intended route from the Sunshine coast, which just to remind you is North of Brisbane.

As you may or may not be aware, most of Australia’s population is around the coast, and the larger proportion is the east coast.

Rough Geography, (compared to a clock face) Brisbane is at the 3 O’clock Position, Sydney 4, Canberra 5, Melbourne 6, Adelaide 7, Perth 9, Darwin 11.

It is impractical, but obviously not impossible to want to go
Secrets on the LakeSecrets on the LakeSecrets on the Lake

Baroon Pocket Dam
directly to Perth say, which is a distance of probably 4000 Kilometres, by road but when touring it would be impractical and costly if you were always back tracking, so things and places need to be looked at in a logical sequence, basically you either go anti clockwise around the country or clockwise.

Our intended route, is clockwise, so we will be heading South, and have given ourselves roughly until the first week in February to get down to Melbourne Via, Sydney, but taking in Glenn Innes, Wee Waa (the nations cotton capital) and we want to again see the Radio Telescope at Parkes, but basically just weave our way down to Melbourne, then on to Tasmania by 1st or 2nd week in February.

As we had been in the area of the sunshine coast over the new year, we had phoned to tell Australia Zoo that we were available to come in as they had offered us a special day, if we were ever back and wanted to drop by. They called us this afternoon to say that if we could arrange it we could come in on Monday, have a day in the zoo and do
Golden SunsetGolden SunsetGolden Sunset

This sunset is taken from Caloundra towards Golden Beach
the Naughty Wombats at 2.00pm.

This would suit us fine as it meant that we could get on our travels as soon as we did the zoo.

We were just about to get back in to Golden Beach, when we decided to Call Michelle, (Franki the Baristas Mum) to confirm that we would give them a commitment to look after their place at the end of June, should they so wish, and in the blink of an eye we were heading in the opposite direction for afternoon tea, with Michelle, Chris and Franki.

We got aback to Golden Beach at around 6.00pm, and had a dinner appointment with friends at 7.00pm at Alfies fish Restaurant in Caloundra, you can either sit in or have take away and sit at the tables on the beach.

Caroline had already been advised that it was not all fish, so she was ok, and as soon as we parked the truck, Ruth and David, and Alan and Lynne had found us and we had a table.

We had an absolutely great evening, with such great people.

David and Ruth suggested that as they live in Mooloolah, which is just a stones throw away from the Zoo, we could spend our day at Australia zoo, then park the truck and trailer at their place as they have loads of room, and stay the night.

On Route back to Caloundra we saw a house that had absolutely amazing Christmas decorations, so had to drive past for a photo.

We get back to Caloundra, where Karen and Derek live, briefly chat then hit the sack, its been a long and busy day.

Looking forward to Naughty Wombats tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb