So much happening,....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
August 9th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


so little time to settle down for your update...


before flying to cairns we spent our dat at UNSW. it turned out to be foundation day. an occasion uni students have found to appreciate fine liquor during the chilly days of winter.
needing to pack some gadgets from the lab for our trip Clement was able to introduce us to Joe Wolfe. hIs exploits had already made their way to us.Niko wanting to gamble once more his life, decided to give Joe the power to take away.
so off we were to the physics' game room, where the instrument was waiting. 2 boards of wood. each a meter wide. all 9000 nails where there. erected up to a frightening 10 cm.
all pumped up from the adrenaline niko couldnt wait any longer. layed down on the 1st board, put the 2nd on top of him. and joe got on top of the whole....

3h flight north to cairns. arrive at the Gilligan's. the ritz of backpacker! 500 rooms, tv room with sattelite, gaming room, beer hall, pool, powerful sound system heard in the whole builiding, and loads of drunk english. just great!

bad sleep makes bad decisionsinevitable the next day.Wandering along the lagoon \, the sweet sound of reggae music arrived to clements and nikolas' ears. the hook is soon to be seen. A 1977 ford falcon. black with 2 golden stripes surfing down the hood. only a$700, a bargain!the owner must be found at this instant.
no call needed and here comes Oops T.D. Wild. 1m75. dirty skin. greasy hair. tribute to bob marley tshirt. he's honest there are a few problems.the hook is deep in our throats. A$600. its a deal.

next day we decide to take Spooks fo\r a spin. 20min fine. whats going on!? why cant we go over 40km/h?
after a couple days wishing. the verdict has fallen. if lucky, the transmission couls last an other week. The spooks will finish her life how we found her. Facing the sea, listening to some bob. keys in the ignition.

waiting for spooks' faithwe went to the jungle. nikolas stumbled upon some huge black beans, that made his hunger grow. a few minutes after the fire was up an old man appeared to us. tarzan! 75 year old russianmillionaire. fed up with civilization. moved to the jungle 30 years ago. Good thing he came. turned out the beans where the fruit of the 2nd hardest wood on the plant\et but they are also TOXIC. a mistake the colons had made years ago. cooked regularly they make the lymphatic nodes of your throat swell until you suffacate. tarzan felt talkative for once, so kept on with one of his stories.needing srugs he decided to take the river down to town. cut down a tree. carved it and strated his slow route.with fresh meat cruising down his territory, a crocodile felt the right to serve himself. leaving no tother choice to tarzan than to throw his besace containing all his belongings. didnt please the crocs hunger but saved his life.

after his little story he left us as quickly as he had arrived, leaving us with no other solution than to face the russell river. twelve 3 and 4 class rapids. paired with an overweight english woman it was difficult to maneuver the raft, so i lost her in number 1 and 12!

Heading south for some new experiences tomorrow....





Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb