The Great "BLUE" Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
April 26th 2005
Published: April 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Deep BlueThe Deep BlueThe Deep Blue

"j" diving below the surface at the reef
That’s Right we said The Great “BLUE” Barrier Reef!

We expected the ocean to be BLUE and we were not disappointed! What took us by surprise was the other BLUE things we would encounter. After a bit of a bumpy ride on windy seas their were several greenish BLUE faces on the boat. When we arrived at the reef the we were told to don our lovely tight bright BLUE wetsuits. Most surprising of all was the tiny BLUE bottle jellyfish swimming all around us in the water.

Now we don’t want you to think we didn’t enjoy going to the Great Barrier Reef. First, luckily none of us got sea sick and secondly none of us got stung by the jellyfish. As for the lovely wetsuits…okay that made us feel very silly… but we were out there with a least 100 other silly smurf-like blue people.

All jokes aside the jellyfish were a little scary at first but we are glad we didn’t get completely scared away. Once we were snorkeling in the water the submerged coral and sea life were remarkable. We saw extensive coral canyons full of sea cucumbers, anemones, starfish, parrot fish, clown fish, giant clams, white-tip shark and did we mention the blue bottle jelly fish?



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb