Cairns continued....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 19th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!!!

Well its a hungover Sunday afternoon in rainy Cairns today so I thought I would take the opportunity to let you know whats been going on. Sunbathing if I'm honest!!! Last night was our first saturday night out in Cairns and it slightly reminded me of a holiday we took in Tenerife circa 1997!!! All good fun and lots of drinking and dancing that didnt end until 6am this morning! Seems we will never learn!! The goon is a killer but by far the cheapest thing to drink! 5 litres (43 glasses!) for $14 of rose wine! Wow! Currently sat in the house whilst its pouring with rain outside how rude!!! ;-)

We are fully settled in Cairns now and really enjoying the way of life here. We have hired bikes and get around everywhere on them - I have honestly never been so healthy!! We are both loving how geared up for outside living everybody is here. After sunbathing on Friday we attended our first free zumba class and really enjoyed it! They have lots of free exercise classes outside and anybody can attend and so many people of all ages turn up - its great!! Only the other day again after sunbathing and book reading there was an outside sporting event to encourage people to get into different activities with a free barbeque and fruit/water for all! Can't imagine anything like that happening in piccadilly gardens!!!

The next couple of days are going to be spent job hunting and hopefully when we have them we are going to be able to start doing some of the trips. The girls we are living went on a reef trip the other day and said it was fantastic, they paid around $120 for an introductory dive and snorkelling which seems to be the cheapest we have heard about so far. There are so many trips to do but top of my list is def snorkelling/diving at the reef and cape trib. We managed to get upto the Botanical gardens the other day (pics attached to previous post) which was pretty nice and then we cycled upto Macchins beach (think thats what its called!) which is apparently the least nicest of them all but we thought we would check it out anyway (again pics on previous). We ended up on the bikes for around 2.5 hours - not so fun at the end in this heat - wow!!!! Planning on getting upto the beaches which are further north however not on bikes! There's a sunbus which runs from the centre which takes you up there for around $4 so looking forward to that as well.

Theres not really too much else too report at the moment if im honest so i will leave it at that!! I will say that i would definatley recommend Cairns to anyone it really is lovely!

Hope everyone well at home and sending lots of love!! xxxxx

Advertisement



19th September 2010

Sounds fantastic!
Hi hun, I was just thinking about you - wondering how you were getting on and then we found your blog details! It is so good to see your pictures and hear about what your up to! It sounds like your having a great time and you have landed on your feet in your Balinese house with a hot tub - things have definately changed since we were travelling! The weather and outdoor living looks amazing and fingers crossed you will both find jobs and be able to explore a bit more soon. All good here, same old but can't complain! Really looking forward to reading your next update. Big hugs and kisses Love Sara and James xxx
21st September 2010

Very jealous!
Wow - life there sounds brilliant! Blogs/pics are brill! Carry on enjoying your big adventure - and don't get too saddle sore! Lots of love........Clare + Ted xxxxxxx
28th September 2010

Thanks Clare and Ted - having a lovely time and its just fantastic here! xx
28th September 2010

Thanks Sara and James! Glad u like the blog - btw i finally have a job! Looking forward to catching up this weekend for chats!! lots of love xxx

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb