Back home!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
December 1st 2007
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Bloggers!

Last you heard from us we were heading into austria on the last leg of the trip. We hired a car for a few days and drove from the south through the Glossglockner mountain pass (spectacular scenery) on to Hallstadt (the cradle of the Celts) and then to Salzberg where we had a wonderful four days roaming the streets of this beautiful city and soaking up the last of the good weather. From Salzberg we took the train across the border and into the Czech Republic to Prague via a beautiful little town called Czeky Krumlov on the bend of a river and overlooked by an impressive castle complete with moat and brown bears - one of the highlights of the entire trip. Prague was as we all know a city of fantastic architecture and culture but unfortnuately still teaming with tourists and very, very cold and wet for most of the days we were there. the last few days of the adventure were in Vienna where again the weather was only just above freezing and so not great for tourists still a beautiful city. On the last night we treated ourselves to a most enjoyable night of Mozart with the Viennese Philharmonic Orchestra - a wonderful end to the trip.

The last few weeks were spent catching up with friends and family in Ireland and England.

We arrived back, after two Qantas breakdowns, to the lovely Cairns weather and the next adventure in life!

We plan now to put together a slide show and book of a selection of the 4500 photos we took! Hopefully some of you will be able to join us in that.

cheers
Jacqui and Brian.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb