Last port of call


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
November 7th 2004
Published: November 7th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Little fishesLittle fishesLittle fishes

Sculptures of fishes in the lagoon
Hiya everyone,

Sun 7th Nov

At last we finally reach Cairns which is in the north part of Queensland. This will be our last stop before flying back to Sydney. We find a hostel for $14 a night so very cheap but why this one won us over was because we could have a free dinner at a busy pub in town evrynight we stayed. I was plesantly suprised by Cairns because i feared it would be like Brisbane where i didn't like but thankfully it was far from it. The hostel is ok but what do you expect for the money but one good thing is that the kitchen is spotless. We dumped our stuff and headed in search of a supermarket for some dinner. It is so humid here and there is just no freshair about and the walk to the shops nearly killed us. There is plenty to do around town as there is tons of shops and over 150 bars but when we arrived it seemed really chilled and quiet, perhaps it is beacuse it is Sunday! We head off later that evening for our free tea, it is now a little cooler but not by much. A great steak with chips and pepper sauce for tea (i seem to be living on steak - thats if it is steak it could be kangaroo???). Went on the net for 2hrs to try and catch up with doing this but didn't succeed too much.

Mon 8th Nov

Oh boy was it hot last night, i didn't sleep much unlike everyone else because it was way to hot and sticky. We don't plan to do much today just have a nosy around. We firstly went in search of the lagoon because we were so impressed with the one at Airlie beach but this one is nowhere near as impressive (apart from the sculptures - see picture). We decide to hit the shops in search for presents for Rosies family and im the one that ends up buying things (things i need of course :o) The heat is so sweltering that we give up and head for some dinner. With my belly full we decide our best option is to head to the shopping mall because it has air conditioning, heaven in this heat. The shops are great and i really want to buy lots and lots of clothes but i can't huff. Since Rosie and i will be parting pretty soon and i will be left on my poor little lonesome for the rest of the 12 months i decide i need a travel companion to follow me wherever i may go, who will look after me and stop me feeling lonely and someone to cry on when i feel sad. I soon find one in the post office, a cute little doggy named Digby, i will take a picture of him for you all to see soon ok.
Me and Rosie decide to get organised and to pack that evening so we don't wake people up when we get up at 4.15am to leave and get the plane, with this done we head for tea and an early night. Hope i can sleep tonight i need it, fingers crossed.

Lots of love from Oz
Little shell, bazza, Roo and new recruit digby xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb