Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Farewell AustraliaFarewell AustraliaFarewell Australia

Our last night out in Oz with Ali and Hendrik, a true German legend.
The Australian leg of the trip was wrapped up by 2 nights at 'The Beach Hostel', Cairns. These 3 nights basically consisted of lying at the pool by day (it was a good chance to soak up the last sun that we would see for a while), and partying by night. We met our German counterparts here who were staying at the same hostel and we were thrown into a dorm with 3 young Swedes. It suited us well. The first night was spent out at the Rhino bar due to the 'free meal' we all fell for. One thing that sticks out from the night (among others) was Mark's expensive taxi ride home because he had forgotten the name of the hostel; his poor taxi driver was forced to drive all around the town's many youth Hostels in search of our own.

The second night involved meeting up with the Welsh from Thailand who had finished their medical course down in Melbourne. They were up in Cairns ready to do their own East coast thing. It was good to catch up with these guys who persuaded us to stay up all night before catching our early morning flight to Auckland. As you can imagine, this seemed a great idea at the time, but was soon regretted as we took our taxi to Cairns airport at 4:15am.

We fly to New Zealand........


(pictures soon guys)

Advertisement



12th September 2007

welcome to lord of the rings country
Hi Well it serves you right - hope none of you were sick on the plane and that you got to NZ OK. Looking forward to the picks! Are any of you into rugby?? Take care all of you Jenny (Hazh's mum)

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb