The Siege


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post


What began as an overnight stay to take care of some brief business, turned out to be a full day’s hostage-siege situation at the local MP’s Office. Complete with 2 ambulances on stand-by, several police patrol cars (to serve & protect us with all their power, of course), the full SWAT (Serious Wanking Armed Terrorists?) team and news reporters in tow. Word out was that a disgruntled member of the public (probably more sane than the cops out to get him) was in the MP’s office with a gun. All apparently ended peacefully - if you call hand cuffs and cameras absconding one’s dignity peaceful… Who really knows though eh?

This evening was spent with The Dice Man. We read, push-upped, reflexed, played, joked, massaged, laughed and declared… Luke felt it in his bones, and declared to the universe that we would attract a local angel who would invite us back to their home for the night. In my best storyteller voice, I read us some more Dice fairytale till true to habit, Luke began nodding off upright. So, another night in the cabin between the trees in the burbs it is. Actually, the car park of the Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary. Sweet spot too (nice & dark) though waking early, all bleary eyed with an urgent need for the toilet isn’t much of a way to start the day - cayenne pepper has been widely attributed to cleansing the colon (google the ‘rise and shine’ cleanse) and despite a bizarre lack of hot bite, will still have the reputed effect I can attest!

Oh dear, it’s 6pm. The day is practically over. Sun goes down and the midgies and mozzies are out. The shops are closed and the streets are empty and dark so with little to do we are pretty much confined to the van . We are both soo over sleeping in the confines of this (albeit trusty, awesome, creature) metal cage.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb