Current digs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
April 19th 2007
Published: April 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

If you look at the pictures you can see why it has taken us so long to decide to move on!

It's possibly the good company, the great hospitality, the Phillipino food or simply the rainforest backyard, but we've really enjoyed staying in Smithfield!

However, we shall soon be moving on as we have eventually purchased a campervan. As you can see from the pictures it is rather beaten up and old, but hey, it drives and has a mini house in the back so it can't be all bad! It took forever to find one that we could even contemplate buying, as so many people don't look after their vans. There were many with just a raised bed in the back, but we wanted one that you could live in without going mad.

We spent today cleaning the inside. The whole thing was so ingrained with dirt, but now looks much better. We had to throw away a lot of things and buy new as you wouldn't even want your enemy to eat off the plates and such like! The decor is a very retro 1970s finish in all shades of brown with stunning old and somewhat damaged formica tops. It is at least clean now, we even took down all the curtains and washed those. Alex has plans so the van may be unrecognisable by the time we sell it on.

Tomorrow we are off on a trip. The call of the Great Barrier Reef has proven too much, so we are going diving for the day on the outer Agincourt Reef, apparently some of the least damaged reef due to its more remote location. It does however mean we have to be on the bus at 7.20am!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th April 2007

Not so retro
...if you are our age! Looks really good so happy travelling.
24th April 2007

Hey!
That is one superfly livin'wagon! You planning on pimping it out murphy..? I bloody hope so and you'd better send me the pics or ELSE! Peace out homeboy

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb