Cairns to Proserpine by train


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
December 4th 2017
Published: December 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I dropped Alex at Cairns station with all the bags and took them to the baggage check in then handed back the car to the Cairns central depot and walked back to Alex at the station. Alex needs a book for the journey so over to the paper shop in Cairns Central shopping centre but they don’t sell books so she gets some magazines instead. Back the station and get on the train, the spirit of Queensland.

It was a train journey. What more can I say. Very spacious seats with your own tv screen just like a plane. Buffet car providing decent scran. Clean toilets/showers big enough to swing a cat in. Sunny weather. Green scenery. Never got done for the 2 extra booked on bags at $15 each. Result!

Got to Proserpine and the bus with a luggage trailer was waiting to meet our 1/2 hour late train. WTF! It was supposed to have gone!

We dragged our cases to the Prince of Wales pub where we had a room for the night, settled in then went downstairs to the restaurant for dinner. Into the bar that shuts at 10pm for a quick pint before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb