Festival on Collins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Northern Beaches
September 5th 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We invited a few friends to join us on a day around the Botanical Gardens, one of my Cairns happy places. The gardens are so inspiring and full of life. Today was the annual festival on Collins. The main street is closed off to traffic to cater for a myriad of market stalls and people. Any excuse to celebrate life, food, street performance and craft....

The Tanks Art Centre was in full use. Bottom tank art on display and top tank for performers, including our circus leader Justine who was in her element in costume on stage! Live theatre always wins hands down!!

The weather gave insight into the coming wet season with the first real sticky day of the season.

After an eventful day, six tired boys finished local fruit ice creams and we meandered through the wetland boardwalks, stopping for an attempt to retrieve a Jackfruit. Cal did a tough climb up the tree, oblivious to the scratches on his body. This was one classic example of focus! It seems the Jackfruit were not ready to be moved and the mosquitoes were victorious.

Conscious that our days left in Cairns were coming to an end, we went to Holloways beach to play in the ocean. Such bliss! The water was much warmer than our last visit and it means box jellyfish will soon be in abundance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb