Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 16th 2017
Published: March 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_2951IMG_2951IMG_2951

Infinity pool
Tuesday March 14, 2017

After a heavy day yesterday, we decided to take a breather.

We went to a huge swimming pool close by the hotel. As you will see on the photos of it, the place, called "the lagoon" is absolutely beautiful. From the angle that you arrive, it looks like an infinity pool, i.e. you get the impression that the lagoon goes over into the sea.

The lagoon is very popular by locals as well as tourists. As is the case in all places we have been to, the infrastructure (restrooms, restaurants, etc.) surrounding the lagoon are perfect and everybody behaves accordingly, i.e. dissiplined and well behaved. An example!

Later in the day we went to the pool of the hotel and I went out running on the board walk close by. Arriving back at the hotel, I realize that, again, I lost my room key; although I looked for it, this time no japanese ladies nor key. Too bad, but no bother, I asked the reception for another.

We finished the day with an early meal at a nearby restaurant and return to the hotel early. Tomorrow is a traveling day. We will
IMG_2952IMG_2952IMG_2952

Infinity pool
fly from Cairns to Sydney 3 hour flight, where we take a car to drive to Canberra, 31/2 hour driving, where our godson and his wife are awaiting us eagerly.

Note: photos to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_2923IMG_2923
IMG_2923

Remember the bats I wrote about. The look like this.
IMG_2948IMG_2948
IMG_2948

Bats flying


16th March 2017

Familiar
Het lijken wel vliegende deuren!

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb