Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 13th 2017
Published: March 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday March 12, 2017



And on the seventh day the Lord rested; and that is what we did today.



Did some research on where to attend mass and found few places. Finally we ended up in the cathedral of Cairns dedicated to St Monica. A nice church with exceptional glass windows. From the sight of it a relatively new building, apparently due to the fact that the previous version burned down a number of years ago.



After service we went to do some shopping at the local mall, surpisingly modern and well assorted.

The rest of the day we walked around some more and had lunch at a nice italian place where we had dinner a couple of nights ago. Simple, but nice food.



Later in the day we spent some time at the pool of the hotel. Having dried off and returning to our room we noticed that we didn't have a key. Different solutions available for such a situation as long as you have identification, which we did not. Being certain that we had taken the key with us, the other solution was, going back to the pool and look for the lost key. In effect, the key had dropped out of my swimming trunk and lay in the middle of the pool. The whole situation could have been resolved without drawing attention if there had not been 4 japanese ladies standing in the pool close to my key. Unceremoniously I stepped in the pool and dived to retrieve my key. My action caused the ladies to scatter around in surprise. Coming to the surface with the key in my hand initially did little to clarify the situation, but eventually One of the ladies understood the situation and explained giggling to her companions.



We had dinner at the wharf under a full moon with nice food and great surroundings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb