Cairns is looking good in my eyes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
December 10th 2009
Published: December 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Cairns is slowly taking the title from the other locale's to become the top gateway to the mysterious and world-renowned Great Barrier Reef. In Cairns, one can virtually indulge in all aspects of the great reef. Take a boat and go drifting through the great expanses of coral, dive and snorkel through the blue waters of the reef and meet curious and not-so curious looking fishes and other marine inhabitants. And if you are the type of traveler to just lounge around near the beach, the white sands are sure to be an enticing invitation for some serious sunbathing.

The forests and parks that surround the area are not to be underestimated also, as they rival the beaches with their emerald beauty and awe-inspiring charm. The rainforests near the area are said to be one of the oldest in the world. This is the Wet Tropics, a long expanse of tropical trees and vegetation that run through the whole plains of Queensland, from Townsville to Cooktown. It was in fact, recognized by the World Heritage List for its one-of-a-kind beauty and for its importance in maintaining world ecological stability.

Get your motor homes ready from Campervan hire Cairns as you get ready to indulge in the good things Cairns has to offer.

Just watch out for box jellyfish though. Those little buggers can kill!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0946s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb