Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 26th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Australia!

It's been two weeks in Cairns now and I'm loving the weather. I don't want to rub anybody's face in it, but the coldest it's been here for the last 2 weeks has been +28 and let me you tell you, that's kinda chilly when every other day is over 30.

Cairns is a nice little city that should be on everybodies itinerary when they visit Australia. From here I've been able to go snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, walk through the world's oldest rainforest, and chill at some nice beaches.

The great barrier reef is everything I thought it would be. It teems with colourful fish, coral and other marine life. There's no doubt that the Great Barrier reef has been one of the biggest highlights of the trip.

The rainforest also offered some pretty cool sights. Not only are the animals deadly here but so are some of the plants! From fuzzy bushes that can scald to berries that have an odour that can blind you for life, yikes! The rainforest also harbours some really big saltwater crocs, but despite all the dangers it's still a very beautiful place that everyone who visits Cairns should visit.

As for the beaches, what else can I say besides it's October and you can hang out on a beach and go swimming in a warm Ocean, just be careful of the jellyfish.

Anyways Cairns is awesome and everybody needs to come visit!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb