Days 32 - 33


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
July 28th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Days 32 -33
Yesterday we went to the Mirra Mirra falls with Yassine and, a new girl from the room, Anna. It was about an hour and a half away and we had to drive up the tightest and windiest road ever, it was really scary! Eventually we got to the top and there is a drive lasting about 40mins that has stops along the way to view three different waterfalls and they were all really spectacular. Unfortunately the water was too cold - even for Andy - so we just took pictures. Then we went to this lake that was absolutely crystal clear, we could see loads of fish swimming around and apparently, on a good day, you can spot turtles but we didn’t see any. It was far too cold for me and Yassine to brave the water but Anna and Andy put the snorkel gear on and had a bit of a swim. That night Jackie and Tisha came back from a trip they took to Cape Tribulation and it was their last night before they return to New Zealand so we all went out to say farewell. Andy and I slept in the camper van in the car park last night as it is free, and as we still have Yassine and Anna in the room we can go up and chill with them and use the shower. Yassine bought himself a camper today from these Canadian girls, one of whom is leaving tomorrow, so tonight we spent the evening at the lagoon with them having a farewell BBQ. There is a night market here in Cairns that is open everyday with loads of different stalls and a food court and things. They also have some massage parlours so Andy had a massage this evening - 25mins for $15! He said it was amazing (apparently she even massaged his bum so I’m not sure if she was looking for a big tip or what!?)and really helped his back after all the driving. As Yassine has his van now we are heading to Cape Tribulation tomorrow and Andy and I have booked some diving too  well excited!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb