Almost the end of the road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since our last entry we have been to the Barrier Reef on an extremely windy day. You can quess the rest. wind speed 30 knots and ginger tablets for everyone.(they didn't always work but we were ok) We have some really good pictures of David in a teletubby outfit but Margaret chickened out of snorkelling as the sea was a bit rough. Still it was a good day. Sorry no photos they are on Margaret's camera - you will see them later.

Yesterday we went on the Kuranda Railway up into the mountains about 2000m, I think. We had an enjoyable lunch in Kuranda Village then came back down the mountain in the cable car. This was yet another hairy experience, we have certainly had plenty of these on this trip.

Last night we had a farewell ho-down at the Cairns night zoo. Round a camp fire with the kangaroos, wobats and wallabys, not to mention the snakes although they weren't mingling.

We now have a free day in Cairns and this mornings lie-in was bliss. We are also frequenting the backpackers joints which is why we can now download photos. Later we will vist the Calypso Inn on Digger Street and take a photograph for katy.

See you back in Blighty on Thursday,

Love David and Margaret



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st October 2008

Hello
It all looks so good. lovely to see some photos, where is the one of David in his teletubbie suit!?! enjoy the rest of your time love diane x x

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb