To Dunk Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 19th 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well it seems a long time since our last entry from Hamilton Island. After we left there we travelled up the coast to another small port and got a ferry to Dunk Island where we spent two nights. Dunk island is a more luxurious tropical island. It has some lovely beaches and accommodation, but retains the wildlife theme of Fraser island. we went around the island on our own through small jungle like paths and encountered a couple of snakes, both of which were venomous.

After a very rough trip back to the mainland, we ventured up to the rain forest where there was a large freshwater lake. A boat trip showed us a couple of Pythons, fortunately they were tired after feeding and did not even notice our arrival. We also got up close to some Dragon Lizards and lots of birds.

We stayed last night at Port Douglas, and today went out on the Great Barrier Reef. Quite impressive, but not at its best in cloud and a near gales!. We still manage a bit of snorkelling and a trip on the semi submersible boat, nice fish, but no chips.

We have now returned to civilisation and arrrived at Cairns where we willl be staying for the next three nights.

Love to all

David & Margaret


PS Sorry still no USB so no photographs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb