8th-13th July


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
racked by guilt, we decided to brave back-packing world of internet café twice in two days - and give you another update. Thanks for the sarcy emails and texts about us dropping off the world etc.
Anyway, here we are in sunny cairns. It’s a fabulous place. Firstly, it’s been good to get to warmer climate - the weather is beautiful - around 26+ degrees.
The best thing about it though is where we’re staying. Our campsite is at the foot of the rainforest, with breathtaking views and the constant sound of tropical birds. Dead peaceful. As such it’s mostly used by slightly mature travelers (really watchin my step here), so you can imagine how much peace there getting with our two year old tyrant. Seriously , he’s been great, and yet how can you keep a 2 year old quiet all the time eh? Especially during our footy scraps. Dad usually wins those with superior tackling. Adam would be proud. I’ve only swept his legs from under him a couple of times. Although one was nearly a career ending tackle.
As you can see the kids love going down to the creek (gettin into the lingo) - just by the camp. The water's warm and so far no crocs, which is good. That last bit was a joke Mum.
The motorhome is great and so far we’ve not hit any kangaroos. It’s great to know we can just move on up the coast and will be doing so on Tuesday, when we go to Port Douglas. Plus when we go shopping (to wooly’s - no less) we pay for the shopping, put the shopping away and THEN drive home. It feel’s upside down but I guess we are.
The kids are a tad excited about their bedroom (above the driver’s cabin, via a ladder). As a result it becomes a little den and it’s been tough getting them to sleep before 10pm.
There’s another creek a bit further away we’re told with a waterfall so we’ll try that at some point. Then we’ll be taking a trip onto the barrier reef although it’s a little choppy at present.
More updates to follow. Hope you’re all well and thinking about everyone loads.
Carters
xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb