Tuesday June 24th (Bungy Jump)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
June 24th 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

I was allowed to sleep in today, with nothing planned early. We had the bungy jump today, the final part of our three day "adrenaline experience." I got up not worried about the jump at all. After jumping out of a plane from 14000 feet, a 50 metre bungy jump was nothing to worry about! The shuttle picked us up about 11 O'Clock and drove us to the outskirts of town where the town meets the mountains. The man made bungy tower was built on the edge of a mountain wiht a pond beneath. We signed the paperwork and baught a photo package. We climbed the endless sets of stairs to the top of the platform. The views from the top of the platform looking east were awesome. Town to the right, national park to the left and ocean beyond that. The tower was just above the canopy of the forest. Within twenty minutes of arriving the whole thing was tine. The jump was complete fun, no stress at all which was good after all the stress yesterday. I didn't get to touch the water unfortunately because you had to be under 70 kilos or over 90. It was a good experience none the less and the photos were awesome. The rest of the day I spent catching up on e-mails, Facebook and checking out town. At night we met up with three people we met on Fraser Island from Calgary who we call team Canada. We went to their hostel and consumed a couple litres of goon before stumbling back ot the hostel. Start of the scuba course tomorrow! See how that goes after tonght!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb