Arrived in Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 31st 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cairns late on Monday evening and walked out of the airport to a balmy 27 degree evening. Gorgeous! Got to the hostel which was lit up with fairy lights and there was a swimming pool and palm trees.

Ollie was already here so we caught up with him again - and Heather and Simone are arriving today - yaaaaaaaay!!!

Yesterday we went into Cairns to the lagoon which is a manmade area of sand and water with palm trees - it's gorgeous! You can't swim in the sea due to box jellyfish, so the lagoon it is. The only annoying thing is the huge green ants which climb over you! Haven't worked out if they are poisonous yet, but I'm guessing not seeing as they're everywhere and nobody has complained yet.

Just chilled out yesterday by the pool at the hostel and chatted to random ppl.

Today we're off to town cos we need to buy water shoes - yes, we're going White Water Rafting on the Tully River tomorrow - eeeek! Everyone has recommended it, including Daisy, Ryan and Gareth from home, so I guess it's a "must do!" Can't wait.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb