Bargara


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
July 31st 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me,  Dad and Lewis at Fraser IslandMe,  Dad and Lewis at Fraser IslandMe, Dad and Lewis at Fraser Island

infront of the Maheno ship wreck!
Woke up at 5:00 this morning, too early if you ask me! So we woke up early got ready and went on a boat cruise to Fraser Island, which is the biggest sand Island in the world! We got there and had a coach tour around the island and the driver/tour guide told us some information on the Island, things like why the Island was called ‘Fraser Island’ and what the names of the trees were and lots of interesting things like that! Then we were taken to Eli creek for a paddle, the water was freezing! We also looked at an old shipwreck called Maheno. It was 1/3 under the sand and rusty from the sea-water. Then we got on the coach and drove to another part of the Island which was a lake called Lake McKenzie. Most of the parts of the Island are named after people. After Lake McKenzie (which was even colder than the creek) we got back on the coach, drove back to the boat port, and took an EXTREMELY long ride home! We got back on land at 5:15 then started our 2 hour drive home. We were back home by 7:00 and were eating our dinner by 8:00. Then we just did what we do every night; watched a film on the Tele and went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb