It's time...no sleeps to departure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 4th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Can't hardly wait!Can't hardly wait!Can't hardly wait!

Time to take advantage of all of the arrangements.
Geo: -27.4676, 153.028

A hectic week but the hour had finally arrived ... Friday evening at last and we were at Terminal 1, Gate 79 waiting for our flight.

A great day at work to finish the week and celebrate 60 with a little touch of The Great Wall with my very own birthday cake extravaganza created by Julie-Anne. A pizza lunch with the staff, a few last minute jobs and at 4.10 pm with lights flashing - I was "outa there"..... and it may be hard to believe, but I was "outa there....with narry a backwards glance".

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mac was slaving away doing all things domestic. I roared up the driveway to the echoing sound of the lawn mower roaring in the backyard....cutting it a bit fine I'd say. But in reality we had plenty of time... we even got to fit in a sleepy Skype call with Mindy (2 am in the morning for her) and a relaxing "sup" of red with Aunty Gail and Paul.

A quick farewell to Sparkie and taxi driver Michael was on hand to get us to the airport in plenty of time to catch up with Anthony.

All good so far, but of course
Airport farewellsAirport farewellsAirport farewells

Chilling at the airport with Anthony.
Mac was singled out for the super dooper x-ray security check...he passed and I didn't try and take a photo this trip so we were through the security check without incident.

Have to say I had repacked my hand luggage three times since leaving home and I still couldn't find anything! But I did manage to add a few extra bits to Mac's bag. We really only had what seemed like five minutes in the coffee lounge before our flight was called...ready for our departure at 12.55 am. Looking forward to a movie, a big snooze, breakfast in Hong Kong and lunch in Beijing.

Thanks to all  family and friends for the messages and best wishes... and yep, you can be sure we will be enjoying the adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The driver gets us safely to the airportThe driver gets us safely to the airport
The driver gets us safely to the airport

Michael with a smile - planning house parties!
Leaving on a jet planeLeaving on a jet plane
Leaving on a jet plane

Wayne ready to face security.
No turning back nowNo turning back now
No turning back now

Cheshire cat grin: leave and loving it!
The countdown completeThe countdown complete
The countdown complete

Ready for the airport!
Flying highFlying high
Flying high

The flight just disappeared


6th April 2014

Just working this thing out. You know how slow I am!! I've already posted a birthday message so won't repeat but have the bestest day xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb