Sydney to Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 7th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.4676, 153.028

Checked out of hotel and caught Skybus to the airport (driver thankfully more amicable than the one who dropped us off!) One hour flight to Brisbane; no transfer booked so caught the train to the centre and walked from there to our apartment in Albert Street (10mins) Some trivia about Brisbane centre is that street names are either boys or girls names with the male streets going up/down, the female streets running across. Perfect location and a beautiful apartment with huge balcony and every facility you'd need for a long stay (sadly only staying one night) A much needed washing machine and dryer to freshen up the contents of our suitcases, so against the grain (we are on holiday after all) we put a load in to wash before exploring the city. Walked through Botanic Gardens, took the footbridge across the river, and over to the South Bank. Immediately felt at home in this city -very laid back, clean and well cared for streets (like everywhere we've been) Went passed Maritime Museum, university campus (what a great place to study) and stopped for a beer and glass of wine overlooking the river before walking to the man-made beach. Lots of families taking advantage of the free pools but not crowded (it's a few more weeks to the Aussie Summer hols) Had Mexican for dinner and continued walking along the river until we reached the Brisbane eye and theatre district. On the spur of the moment we asked at the box office if there were any plays or concerts on and we were lucky enough to get discounted tickets at a real bargain price, a few rows back in the centre to see a Noel Coward play called 'Design for Living'. Show finished at 10.30pm so crossed a different bridge back to our apartment - workmen were putting up the city's Christmas lights (surely these should have gone up in October like in the UK?!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb