Getting Ready


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 23rd 2014
Published: September 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Getting Ready! Sounds simple like put your stuff in the motorhome and head off into the sunset. I wish!

Our departure has been delayed with a melanoma scare, now removed and appearing to be clear of mutant Ninga-Melanoma warriors running riot around my body.

Marg had a visit to the Dentist today after a tooth became very heat sensitive. A close inspection and Xray showed no issue requiring excavation and repair, so the traffic light has finally turned Green for a departure tomorrow.

Food on board? Yes

Clothes on board? - Yes

Fuel and Water? - Yes

Medication? Not yet but new scripts issued and we are all stocked up ready to go.

GPS? - ready with latest maps. I wonder if they are any better than the last ones?

Cameras? ready to go!

Dash Cam? - That is a new item for us. I bought a Mobius camera and mount - smallest I could find. After our near disaster with a rouge truckie on the way to Melbourne earlier this year, we have opted for a camera to collect evidence. It may come in useful for some pics of landscape where we cannot stop for a photo as well.

Marg has a 3 page check list to ensure that all is packed and prepared. I have the keys and know how to start the Merc and turn on the dash cam.

We will try and post every couple of days while we travel, depending on mobile internet coverage. The first part of the journey is through well populated rural districts, but there will be times we are out of communication range.

Advertisement



23rd September 2014

We are set to receive have fun drive carefully and keep safe love from Us2@136
23rd September 2014

Wish you a pleasant journey :-)
Hi from Denmark. Good to "see" you both again :-) Happy to see you both are all right. It looks like at very interesting route you have chosen - wish you the very best. We are looking forward to reading your blog. All the best from Tavs & Helle (the crazy ones from Denmark ;-) )
23rd September 2014

Hoorah - THERE OFF.
Great to know that all is well and you are on your way - have a great time - as usual I ask that you look after each other and drive safely. May God keep you under His loving arms. Will miss you and look forward to reading your writings they are always very interesting. Lots of love OX'S from Carol and John.
23rd September 2014

Someone's gotta do it
Might as well be you...have a great time...and drive safe!
23rd September 2014

Have a great trip!
The planning and anticipation is half the fun!
25th September 2014

travel
Off you go into the wide blue yonder, have a wonderful time , remember to" White Light", Marg, I'll miss you ,but do everything I'd like to do---love J

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb