A day at the races


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
August 16th 2006
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A few of us who had the day off due to the RNA show day decided to head to Eagle farm for Young Members race day. Ally and I were picked up bright and early by our chauffeur Bec, who drove us to her house where the talented chef Rodney was cooking our champagne breakfast. From there we caught the train into the city with about a million people most of whom were going to the ekka. Gavin picked us up and took us to his sisters apartment which he's housesitting. From there it was one (hot) bottle of wine and a short taxi drive to the race course. Apart from the hordes of people, and the huge lineups to get alcohol it was a pretty nice day. Nice temperature, sexy guys, except for that one in the pink suit. Anyway, it was good to just chill out and relax. No one placed any bets so we didn't need to worry about sore losers. We caught a bus into the Valley where we had awesome pizza, and then left the frivolity behind us as we caught the train back to Bec's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Walking to the train stationWalking to the train station
Walking to the train station

I can't believe Bec had her shoes off two minutes after we started. We didn't think she'd last the day with heels, but she did. At least til we got on the train home.
Was it a plane? Was it a plane?
Was it a plane?

This is a really bad photo, but I had to include it because seriously what the hell were we looking at?


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb