Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 7th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was our last day in Brisbane and we had decided to go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. We woke up and made us ready to go from Queen Elizabeth II Park to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary with Mirimar Cruises. The way there was really relaxing, we ate breakfast and we got to see more of the city.

When we got to the sanctuary we were really excited because none of us had seen a koala and now we were about to.

We did not only see koalas; we saw kangaroos, wombats, platypus, reptiles etc. It was a lot of animals and we saw animals that we did not knew exist. After a while we decided to eat our lunch and got some birds as guests at our table.

After lunch we did something really breathtaking, and probably the best experience in Brisbane. We fed some of the koalas and kangaroos, and we were really nervous about how the animals would react to us. They just came to us and ate from our hands and it felt amazing that the animals trusted us to feed them.

Then we needed to go back to the boat so we could come home to the hotel. When we got back we packed our things so we would be ready to leave in the morning. We ate our last dinner in Brisbane and took a walk through the quarter one last time.



The next day it was off to Gold Coast and we were looking forward to the rest of our trip after getting such a good start of our journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb