Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

Home sweet home again! We had fairly uneventful flights home and arrived about 7;30 am on Monday.
Cleo remembers us which I am pleased about.

Sheridan gave us a very warm welcome home and we chatted until Peter and I keeled over at about 10am. Sheridan gave us a really nice surprise by sprucing up the place and having a cold bottle of champage in the fridge. We managed to immediately trash the house with the wreckage of our unpacking. I dargged muself into work on Tuesday and propped myself in my chair and pretended I really was a human being rather than a jet lagged zombie. Peter's been running around madly picking up mail, shopping etc.

There was a very strange ocurrence while we were away. Someone stole the pumpkins growing in the back yard. When we left there were about 8 half grown ones. See photograph (courtesy of Jo Slee). About a week into our journey, Sheridan discovered that they had gone...disappeared! Who on earth would stal pumpkins? They were pretty ordinary Kent pumkins. I'm on the look out for people eating pumpkin soup several nights in a row. Luckily no one stole the chillis. The thieves are obviously not into Thai food!

We had an abolsutley wonderful time and enjoyed the hosptiality of many friends and family whom we would like to thank personally: David, Barbara, Karl, Bronagh , Jack and Claire in Northern Ireland, Gavin and Helen at Ledbury, David and Sarah in Wales and the Willow family: Chris, Floss and our baby grandaughter Bess. We'd also like to thank Sheridan who stayed at our place and looked after Cleo magnificantly. She got great feedback from Cleo. Speical thanks also goes to Pete who looked after Cleo particualrly while Sheridan was enjoying the wedding celebrations! Many thanks also to Scott who very kni ndly took us to the airport.

We look forward to seeing everyone soon and returnign the hospitality!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb