A quick trip to Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 24th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up, up and away to Brisbane.
Johnno went off to work, and I took the train into the city. Brisbane 101!
Got off at Central. My legs immediately took me to the ferry terminal. Boarded the river ferry for $4.60...good for two hours travel. This enabled me to take it as far south, and as far north as it would go.
Saw a lot of flood damage.
Visited the Queensland pedestran mall afterwards, and even caught a downtown farmer's market. Had a little sushi for lunch and homemade organic coffee yogurt for dessert.
Went to the Brisbane Museum and checked out the displays on the history of skateboarding and telegraph/telegrams.
Met up with Johnno at 5:00. Had a little Stumpjumper Shiraz, and Nobby's (peanuts) for happy hour before heading back to town on foot. The walking paths were chocked full of bikers, runners and walkers!
Found a nice Vietnamese restaurant in South Bank to eat at.
A full day of city and walking...

Next day after a full brekkie, I made my way back downtown to catch the city bus to the Botanical gardens.
It was well worth it. Made friends with the bus driver Michael on the way back. We were chatting so much he forgot to make a turn...ha...thank goodness there was a roundabout near by!
Back in town, I got on the free city bus that just basically goes in circles...I stayed on for two circles. The air con felt good...and just sitting and looking at busy Brisbane go by.
Trained back to the airport and met up with Johnno. Johnno is a life time Qantas FF Member, so gets the benefits of the Qantas Business Lounge. So, up and back we were waiting for our plane in a very civilized fashion. Free brekkie on the way, and free dinner and drinks on the way back...plus, free wifi...and a shower if you needed one.

Now back in Canberra. The next plan of attack is to maybe fly down to Melbourne for the weekend. Johnno and Di are going down back down to Durras to work on their beach house. I thought it would be good to go do my own thing during that time.
After a long weekend, come back here, and take off with Johnno over the Snowy mountains, Broken Hill, the Murray River, wine country and eventually Kangaroon Island. Gotta make sure I fit in my farm stays!!

That is it for now!

Cheerio!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



25th February 2011

cool trip, or maybe hot, cool trip
Hi Kristina, it's fun following your trip , thanks for the posts and pictures! How was the Kangaroo sausage? the broiled tomatoes looked good. Getting a foot of snow tomorrow with some sleet and ice thrown in. Have a good weekend! John & Tamara
25th February 2011

hi john, enjoy that snow. i hear port townsend just got dumped on, too! kangaroo was good. and the toast and tomatoes!! been a good trip so far!!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb