Ready to head o/s


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 6th 2010
Published: April 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi There,

We have enjoyed our first week on holidays and a fast pace it has been....we have counted 6 different beds in 9 days. We flew out of Melbourne last Tuesday, drama free to Brisbane and had a couple of days with Barbara & Michael getting our things sorted out. Alison & I popped down to Portside on Thursday night catching up with friends - Mel & Murray, Richard & Lisa, Jeff & Ynja, Jason & Nic, Christen & Mike and Deanne. We enjoyed tapas and drinks at Byblos and plenty of reminiscing over the last 10 years.

We arrived at Hyatt Sanctuary Cove under beautiful blue skies...Daph & Harry, Nat, Oscar & Remy and Troy, Sophia & Abbi arrived shortly after. The Lagoon pool was magnificent! Good Friday was spent kicking back eating prawns and drinking champers to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. We were joined by Glor & Brian, Norma, Tim & Kristen, Barbara & Michael and Mathew & Noah for Saturday evening dinner at a new restaurant called O Bar for my 40th....and sat out under a clear night, enjoying the food, wine, music and company.

Bright and early Sunday morning we were up for Easter eggs and then the treasure hunt....a swarm of excited kids everywhere!
Sunday became a lazy day around the pool with yours truly the magnet for every game & challenge the kids could throw at me......walking through water with one hanging off each limb can be tiring. Later that day - Troy and I hit the links at Hope Island for a round of golf. The course was in good nick and the scoring not too shabby at all....the golfing gods were smiling on this day - 4 pars & a birdie and I had a big smile. That evening we went to Mexi's tapas bar for a lite meal and dancing.

We checked out Monday and headed back to the Gold Coast for a last catchup with the Lee Family - the fish weren't biting off the back of the boat...nevermind. This morning we headed to Brisbane for our last leg...before we get up early in the morning and board our 11am flight to LA. We hit Vancouver at 1:30pm local time which will be 6:30am OZ time on Thursday.

Once we get settled we'll put some pictures up on line...
hope you enjoy our blog
Adam

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb