Cieran Arrives via India


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 16th 2009
Published: January 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The suggestion was to come and stay in Brisbane once Cieran had finished his degree and graduation and save some money before embarking on his next career move back in the UK, so in true Cieran fashion he decided to fly over via India! Besides the thought process was that it was cheaper to stay in India for six weeks than to live in England!
After having worked for a number of people in Newbury, from Prezzos as a waiter to a Barista in a coffee shop by the canal he stayed with his friend Brendan and enjoyed catching up with all his friends since finishing at uni.
With many trips to the library and planning a detailed trip by train across India from Goa to Mumbai and then north to Amritsar, Chandrigar and the foothills of the Himalyas, he had a wonderful time and we look forward to seeing his photographs.
It has been absolutely wonderful having Cieran over here with us and we enjoyed a magical Christmas on Stradbroke Island, the only people missing were Alex and Anne and then it would have been perfect.
Cieran's friend, Rod has joined us in Brisbane too and the two have set up lodgings in the garage, fondly named 'The Raj'and have made it their home. It has been good too as they have had their own space. They have also been helping out around the house and have painted the garage and sanded and varnished the garden furniture which has been a tremendous help.
The next plan is to find a job, not easy at the moment as everywhere closes down over Christmas and there is no where open yet. He has bought a second hand racing bike so he can get to a job so he is part way there!
He plans to do some travelling whilst staying here to see more of Australia whilst over here, just need to persuade him to extend his stay?!?!?!?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Painting the garage.Painting the garage.
Painting the garage.

Cieran and Rod helping out with the painting of 'The Raj'!


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb