Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 6th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Honey I shrunk the backpackers!Honey I shrunk the backpackers!Honey I shrunk the backpackers!

Us at the science museum in Brisbane
Hey everyone,

After leaving Surfers Paradise we travelled to Brisbane. It's a really nice city, it has a small town feel but still has all the city amenities. We were only here for three days so it was just a flying visit really. On our first day we did a bit of shopping and Laurie bought her snazzy new camera...notice how nice the pics are...and how many of them we have (she's been snap happy since she got it!!!!). That night we went on a nice leisurely walk to a lovely area called Southbank and had a drink. The next day myself and Liam rented bicycles and cycled around Brisbane's 500km of bike tracks (not all of it!), it was such a good way to see the city, we got to see all the sights and excercise at the same time!!! That night we headed to an Irish bar for drinks. You can take the people out of Ireland.... We had a great time, Liam got to have a pint of Guinness and Lauire got to have Bulmers (these drinks are really hard to get here). We went to Southbank again on our last day but this time during the day, it's basically a park built in the middle of the city, really arty, the nicest thing being the manmade beach! It was a funny feeling being smack in the middle of a big city at the beach! Myself and Laurie went visitng some museums (pretending we were cultured!). I think the one we liked the best was the kids science museum, see pictures! We all agreed that Brisbane is lovely and could have stayed there longer but we were off to our next destiantion, Rainbow Beach to do our 4WD camping safari. Will report back!
Take care,
Lots of love,
Laura, Laurie and Liam


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cycling trip!Cycling trip!
Cycling trip!

Our cycling tour of Brisbane
The lovely SouthbankThe lovely Southbank
The lovely Southbank

Southbanks manmade beach right in the middle of Brisbane
Cycling tripCycling trip
Cycling trip

Us heading off on our cycling trip!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb